Normally I send out my CX Briefings via Mailchimp, but I changed phones and didn’t keep my authenticator app settings so I am temporarily locked out. So I decided to get this #CX Briefing briefing out by Medium instead :+).
👋 Hi there, I’ve been out of touch since I started my new role at Everbridge — working at a totally different level of the tech stack has been a new level of “a-ha” for me. I’ll still be doing my annual CX Report — built upon the early Design in Tech Reports — if I get enough votes on SXSW Panel Picker. If you would like to see it happen in 2021, please upvote it and I’ll get to it if there’s demand out there. Thank you!
Four Things That I’m Thinking About CX
- Since the 2020 CX Report, I’ve centered around the complex organizational ownership issues that lie in the separation between the “buyer experience” (pre-purchase) and the “customer experience” (post-purchase).
- The buyer experience — aka traditional “Marketing” — has an extremely high cycle time while having benefited the most from advances in computational tooling and associated AI/ML ahead of any other part of an organization.
- When dealing in computational experiences as the main driver of value within a service or product, there’s a wide gap between those who speak machine in the actual “making”-part of an organization compared with its less-digital operational parts.
- As long as the buyer experience remains a better fit for an ROI calculation, the customer experience — largely comprised of the service or product experience — will continue to lag in its ability to get digitally transformed.
Three Things I’ve Noticed In The Last 30 Days
- New methods to visualize data in the context of the United States — whether to represent votes or C-19 cases — have markedly grown.
- Dramatically critical events related to climate change, like wildfires and storms, are peeling back to make C-19 appropriately central.
- Advances in VR and AR continue to astound, and with the consumer LiDAR capabilities in iOS devices there’ll be a lot more 3D in 2021.
Two Unsolicited Non-Tech Products That I ❤
- This summer, my favorite find was the colorful United Sodas brand of lightly flavored drinks.
- If you’re not allergic to them, search for “dried flowers” on Etsy to spruce up your Zoom background.
One Special Link
- SXSW voting ends Friday EOD (11/20). Please support the 2021 CX Report https://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/107728
One Final Point
- I think we’re all a bit exhausted from video-and text-based communications so I’ve been putting my email briefings on the backburner until the IRL world regenerates itself for all of us. If you don’t hear from me by 2021 via my CX Report mailing list, I wish you, yousr family, and your loved ones a safe and healthy journey into the new year.